Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MD HHS) has redefined how to submit Health Risk Assessments (HRAs) for Healthy Michigan Plan (HMP) members through CHAMPS. Fax submissions through the HRA fax line are still acceptable.
Advantages of completing the HMP HRA through CHAMPS:
- No need to fax in HRA forms
- Attest online that the patient completed their HRAs
- View current and historical data submitted by your patient
- Track HRA status after submission
How to access the HRA within CHAMPS:
- Ask the CHAMPS Domain Administrator in your office to update your user information by assigning the Provider HRA profile to your CHAMPS username
- Start a new HRA by clicking the “Member” tab, selecting “Health Risk Assessment”
- Patients can start the HRA within myHealthButton/myHealthPortal and select “Share with Doctor.” These HRAs will have a “Completed – Waiting for Provider Review” status in CHAMPS
- Providers can view the HRA and complete the provider portion in CHAMPS by selecting “Add Attestation” from the actions drop-down. The HRA will have a “Completed – Waiting for Health Plan Review” status when completed
- Find detailed instructions for completing the HRA in CHAMPS at www.michigan.gov/healthymichiganplan, scroll down to “Health Risk Assessment.” Visit the site for more information about the HMP HRA and HMP Healthy Behavior Incentives
Please remember to complete HMP HRAs annually (every 11 to 15 months), and do not send paper copies of HRAs via mail.
If you have any questions about this new process, please contact your local Provider Network Development Representative or the Provider Services department at 888-773-2647. We thank you for your continued support and commitment to high quality healthcare.